Launch of the BRAVA 25 designed by VPLP Design
A user-friendly, seaworthy, wooden sailboat
A seaworthy sailboat is not necessarily the fastest boat, especially in ‘easy’ points of sail. However, it is a high-performance and safe boat for all points of sail, and for all wind forces. Once on board, it is a sailboat which entices you to go just that little bit further!
A user-friendly sailboat means a sailboat which is spacious and welcoming, where you feel comfortable, safe and secure, and for which the different uses have all been carefully thought through… navigation, anchoring, movement around the boat, access to the water, and everyday life on board!
The Brava 25 is a 100% wooden sailboat. The hull, deck and bulkheads are made of plywood glued to a solid wood structure (EU Eco-label varieties).
Chantier Brava believes that this way of boatbuilding is still, more than ever, relevant today due to :
- the structural properties of wood,
- the ecological benefits (wood as a carbon sink, very limited use of glues and resins, easy to dismantle),
- and the aesthetic appeal and warmth of this natural material!
(interior of the Muscadet, same way of boatbuilding)
25 feet…the perfect size for a ‘pocket cruiser’, as the English would call it!
An ideal sailboat for a day trip or a weekend away for a group of 4, thanks to its uncluttered and spacious cockpit.
A sailboat capable of accommodating a small crew on a coastal cruise, or even in offshore waters, thanks to its fully equipped, practical and comfortable interior.
The hull is well balanced, with a moderate wetted surface area, little drag, wide but not excessively so, with ample volume in the bow:
- good performance in light winds,
- good upwind performance for efficient windward sailing,
- power and stability in downwind sailing,
- a smooth passage through the water, without slamming or burying the bow.
Rigging and Sails
- Mast with swept-back spreaders, no backstays or runners.
- Square mainsail.
- Genoa on furler
- Asymmetric spinnaker.
- Genaker (Code 0).
Keel and rudder
- Rudder under hull .
- Cast iron keel.
- Electric inboard
- electric/fuel outboard
- Length : 7m50
- Beam : 2m90
- Draft : 1m45
- Headroom : 1m50
- Dry weight : 1600kg
- Ballast weight : 600kg
- Sail area (upwind) : 36m2
- CE Category : C/6pers